The Academy membership is a 12 month course available for up to 2 years for each individual, but fast improvers will be encouraged to upgrade to full membership as soon as they are ready. The subscription includes lessons with Alex Williams, our PGA professional, alongside full use of the clubhouse, the club's practice facilities, and access to the course at designated times (once our Professional has issued a certificate of competency).
With regular individual and group lessons, you will cover all aspects of the game, gaining confidence along the way whilst seeing your pathway to gaining a handicap.
* Learn to play golf at a friendly club
* Receive expert advice from a Top PGA Professional
* Develop the appropriate skills and knowledge to enjoy the game of golf
* Progress to Full membership of Wimbledon Common Golf Club
The Academy membership costs £900 per annum. Included in this price, you will receive:
* 18 lessons: 12 Individual lessons and 6 Group Lessons. The lessons are 45 minutes long, using all of the club's practice facilities. The group lessons will cover all areas of the game, whilst you can choose the area you wish to focus on in your individual lessons.
* Advice on basic rules and etiquette
* Full use of the clubhouse and practice facilities
* £50 credit on your bar card with drinks available at a 20% discount
* Access to the golf course at designated times will be granted by the Club Professional when he judges academy members have the required ability. (Some Group lessons are conducted on the course to help aid development.)
All new academy members undertake a friendly discussion and assessment of their current golfing abilities with Alex Williams, our PGA Professional, prior to joining.
How the assessment will run:
* 1 hour-long session with a maximum of 3 participants at the cost of £20 per person
* Skill-based tasks will test the participants' ability in chipping, putting and swing work
* The £20 fee will be deducted from your Academy membership fee if you subsequently join